Super Bowl Startup Pitch Competition
The National Football League (NFL) and the Texas Medical Center (TMC) are hosting 1st and Future, the league’s annual Super Bowl startup competition, on Saturday, February 4, the day before Super Bowl LI. This year, the pitch competition will focus on health and player safety. We are looking for startups to apply who are finding solutions in the following three categories: Communicating with the Athlete, Training the Athlete, and Materials to Protect the Athlete.
- To learn more & apply, visit: www.tmc.edu/1st-and-future
- Event date: February 4, 2017
- Event Location: Texas Medical Center Accelerator (TMCx) in Houston, TX
- Audience: NFL owners, well-known medical professionals, VCs, fellow entrepreneurs, and invitees of the NFL and TMC
- Prizes: Winners (3 total, 1 per category) will receive $50,000, 2 tickets to Super Bowl LI, and acceptance into the Texas Medical Center Accelerator program.
- Expected number of attendees: 400
- Application Deadline: January 20, 2017
- Finalists will be notified on or before January 24, 2017
- Airfare (unless ground transportation is reasonable) and hotel accommodations for two personnel per team will be covered by the NFL